PWN Copenhagen - Let’s take a break! Let’s make a mandala!
27 May 2020
11:00 - 12:00
During this workshop you will be introduced to the mandala method. A very simple practical tool that you can use anytime you want and without any specific materials. Everything you need you can find at home and in yourself!
The method will give you an opportunity to:
- take a break and relax even if you only have 10-15 minutes
- do something creative
- practice focusing your awareness on the present moment
- connect to your intuition
- create with less waste
You will experience the method during the session – we will all make mandalas.
What do you need:
1. Elements to build your mandala. Walk through your house and look carefully what you have in it. Look in the kitchen, workspace, bathroom (remember to check the drawers). Treat it as a small adventure. For me the most inspiring place is the kitchen J
It could be for instance:
- small objects like buttons, hair clips, puzzles, wooden objects (e.g. toothpick), pens, crayons, tea infuser spoons, balloons, pieces of toys, board games etc.
- from nature – leaves, stones, shells, small sticks
- food and pieces of it: fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds etc.
- paper – white, colour, from packaging, pages from magazines (in a specific colour, shapes you like);
It is good to have at least 5 pieces of each type of element. They don't have to be identical. I would recommend to see some examples on my Instagram or Facebook (artofzerowaste)
You can also reflect on these questions: What do you like? What colours, what shapes are catching your attention today?
2. Background - as a background you can use e.g. piece of paper, plate, piece of cloth or just the surface of the table you sit at.
3. Tools: scissors, shape cutters (only if you have it)